A Tradition of
With a Vision for Tomorrow
One of the top schools of Himachal Pradesh
What is Guidance and Counselling Cell (GCC)?
The student life is getting complex day by day. Guidance and counselling is needed to help the students for optimum achievement and adequate adjustment in the varied life situations. At DPS counselling services are offered to students who are undergoing a problem and need professional help to overcome it. The specialized service provides training in personality development and handling exceptional groups of children. It involves techniques like active listening, empathic understanding releasing the pent up feelings and confronting the child.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Individual and group counselling.
- To help in the total development of the student and establish proper identity.
- To help in the proper choices of courses.
- To help the students deal effectively with the normal developmental tasks of adolescence and face life situations boldly.
- To help the students in their period of turmoil and confusion.
- Coordinate systematic activities designed to help students establish personal goals and develop future plans.
School Counsellors serve an important role in maximizing students achievement. They support a safe learning environment and work to safeguard the human rights of school community collaborating with other stakeholders. School Counsellors address the needs of all the students through prevention and intervention programs that are a part of comprehensive school counselling program.
When should students write to the counsellor?
Problems and needs in society are nothing new. But today they are seen to be proliferating at an unprecedented rate. The unique problems in the changing family, conflicts in values, attitudes and moral , the new criticism about politics, economic factors, peer pressure and the problems of the youth all point out the needs for the counselling services.
There are no hard and fast rules. If something is troubling the students, the students have the access to meet the School Counsellor throughout the day.
A few issues that frequently come up are as follows:
- Difficulty in Coping with Competitions.
- Estranged relationship with their significant others (Family & Friends).
- Academic issues.
- Examination Anxiety.
- Career guidance.
- Lack of Confidence.
- Dysfunctional Family.
- Bereavement due to rejection, failure, etc.
- Substance Abuse (Mostly smoking).
- Lack of Emotional balance.
Delhi Public School endeavours to develop a knowledge based society with clarity of thoughts and charity at hearts to serve humanity with integrity.